Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cauliflower and Pea Salad

I was going to a potluck lunch the other day at work and I needed to bring a vegatable dish. I had planned on making a salad I had seen on TV, but I forgot to buy the ingredients the day before. So I went to the Albertson's deli to see what looked good. They had a "Crunchy Pea Salad" that looked good, and it tasted good too! Since the deli didn't list the ingredients, I had to reverse-engineer the recipe on my own. This is what I came up with.
Ingredients
  • 12 ounces peas (fresh or thawed), about 2 cups
  • 6 ounces chopped fresh cauliflower, about 3 cups
  • 2 ribs celery (about 6 ounces total), split in half and thinly sliced
  • 4 strips bacon, fried, drained, and crumbled
  • ½ cup chopped toasted cashews, about 3 ounces
  • 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
  • ¾ cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions

Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, green onions, and pepper in a small bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and gently toss. Fold in dressing. Refrigerate 30-60 minutes before serving

No comments: