Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bagels & Lox

I guess this week is bagel week. Bagels are actually my favorite bread of all time, so I'm surprised I haven't done them earlier. Anyway, I'm sure most people have heard of eating bagels with lox (cold smoked salmon), but you can't just toast a bagel and throw some fish on it - there's a right way to do it!

Ingredients (Per Sandwich)
  • 1 Sesame Bagel, split and toasted
  • 1 1/2 to 2 ounces cream cheese
  • 2 teaspoons capers, drained
  • 2 thin slices of red onion (or a couple of teaspoons of chopped green onions or chives)
  • 2-3 ounces nova lox, sliced as thinly as possible
  • 2-4 slices tomato
  • kosher salt
Directions

Spread the cream cheese over both halves of the bagel. Put a teaspoon of capers and an onion slice on each half. Fold the lox slices so it fits on the bagel halves and put some on each one. Top each half with tomato slices and a small pinch of kosher salt.

No comments: