One thing I love about cooking is unexpected combinations. In this case it is the flavor of chili-spiced ground beef mixed with the earthy flavors of collard greens. The results speak for themselves!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 12 oz. extra lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ cup low-sodium salsa
- 1 cup fresh or thawed corn kernels
- 3 oz chopped collard greens, about ½ inch pieces (1 cup packed)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup (1 oz.) shreddedsharp Cheddar cheese
- tortilla strips / crushed chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat and cook beef, stirring constantly, until no longer pink. Add chili powder, cumin, and salsa; cook and stir 1 minute and remove from heat.
Coat 8x8x2 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place corn and collards in bottom of pan and toss to blend. Spoon beef mixture evenly over all, cover tightly with foil and bake 25 minutes or until collard are tender. Serve, topping each serving with 2 tablespoons sour cream and 1 tablespoon cheese. Garnish with tortilla strips.