- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- 16 oz frozen mixed vegetables:Broccoli, red peppers, mushrooms & onions
- 14 ½ oz can roasted garlic flavor chicken broth (or roast 3 cloves, mince & add to chicken broth)
- 10 ¾ oz low fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 10 ¾ oz low fat condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz uncooked saffron yellow rice mix w/ seasonings
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray; set aside
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides; drain fat.
Meanwhile, combine vegetables, chicken broth, soups, rice mix, water and salt in large bowl.
Place mixture in prepared casserole. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Cover; bake 1 ½ hours or until chicken is no longer pink in center.