Monday, July 16, 2012

Creamy Raspberry Lime Smoothie


On my way home from classes at BYU, I love stopping at Jamba Juice to pick up a Berry Lime Sublime. Anyone else remember when it was Zuka Juice? A few weeks ago, I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to duplicate it at home. I found this recipe.

I didn't have lime sherbet or raspberry juice. Lime sherbet is basically lime, sugar, and cream. I figured I could simulate that with lime syrup and frozen yogurt cubes. I used milk instead of raspberry juice to make a creamier smoothie and mellow the tartness of the lime and raspberry.  The resulting smoothie was delicious. I made it every other day at lunch, until I ran out of yogurt cubes.

This weekend Jake made yogurt. Woo hoo! I was so excited to start making this smoothie again. Slight problem, I could not remember the recipe, the quantities of each item. I'm anxious to get something posted. So here's what I had this morning. It's good but not the perfection I had before.

Creamy Raspberry Limeade II
3/4 cup water & 1/4 cup lime syrup (or limeade)
1/4 cup milk
1 banana (for sweetness)
1 cup frozen raspberries
4 oz.  frozen vanilla yogurt cubes (or plain yogurt cubes & 1 tsp. vanilla extract)

Blend and enjoy. Makes 22 oz.

Tomorrow, I'll try again for Creamy Raspberry Limeade I

No comments: