|from Pioneer Woman|
"Dinner Roll" Dough (Bread Machine)
3/4 c. warm water (100-110 degrees)
2 tsp. white sugar
2 1/2 tsp. yeast
1/2 c. oil
2 medium eggs, beaten
1 tsp. salt
1 pound flour (I use a scale, I think it's about 3 cups)
Add ingredients into bread pan in order listed above. Set machine to dough cycle.
1 batch of "dinner roll" dough or your preferred dinner roll dough
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbs. Cinnamon
3 Tbs. oil
Grease a cake pan or two pie pans OR line the bottom with parchment paper.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a large rectangle, then brush with oil.
- for medium size rolls roll out to about 20" x 10", less than 1/2" thick - 12 rolls, 6 per pan
- for small rolls roll out to 1/4" thick - 16 rolls, 8 per pan
Combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the dough to the edges.
Roll the dough from the long end. Slice into 1 1/2 to 2 inch rolls and arrange in cake or pie pans.
Cover with plastic wrap and store over night in the fridge.
- This gives the rolls an opportunity to bench proof or rise before baking
- Freeze the second pie pan for breakfast another day. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
I took a roll out for each of the Allergics, then proceeded to the next step.
4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
2-3 c. powdered sugar
Cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Add sugar slowly, mix until smooth. Top cinnamon rolls.
- This is enough topping for both pie pans of rolls.
- Fill sandwich bag with remaining topping. Flatten, place in quart bag then freeze.