- 2-3 heads of garlic
- olive oil
- 2 cups mayo
- 1 cup garlic mayo (recipe above)
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup bell pepper, cut into thick matchsticks
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 medium size tortillas or tostada shells.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Remove the outer paper off the garlic heads, leaving the individual cloves intact. Cut about 1/4 inch off the top of each head, just exposing the inside of each clove. Place each clove on a small square of aluminum foil, cut side up. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil on each one and wrap up in the foil. Roast for 30-45 minutes, or until the cloves are soft and light brown. Squeeze the cloves out of the head and chop fine. Whisk into the mayonnaise. Chill. Makes 2 cups.
Mix all ingredients except onion and tortilla in a medium bowl. Distribute over tortillas and top with onions.