Friday, January 23, 2009

Greek Pasta Salad

I love Greek food (see post for 11/2/08). However, it can be a bit fussy and require a lot of prep. This easy recipe requires just a few common ingredients and can be done in less than 20 minutes.

Ingredients
  • 6 cups cooked pasta (rotini, fusili, or pene, or ziti)
  • 1½ cups diced cucumber
  • 1 medium bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomato, drained
  • 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled.
  • 1 small can sliced black olives
  • ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Mix everything together. Chill and eat.

4 comments:

mclement said...

Need to post a pie recipe for National Pie Day (not to be confused with Pi Day). http://www.piecouncil.org/

Jake Walkenhorst said...

If I had known about National Pie Day, I would have saved the blueberry pie recipe from the 13th!

Prudent Homemaker said...

It looks good. I'll have to try making it this summer when I have peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes growing in the garden. I was thinking about planting dill; I guess I should now!

Megan said...

Did you get a new job since Christmas?