- 1/4 cup good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine or pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 box rigatoni or penne regatta pasta
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (if packed in oil, rinse the oil off)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups chopped lettuce or baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. While the pasta cooks, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, and salt in a salad dressing shaker. Shake to combine and set aside.
Combine drained pasta, artichokes, tomatoes, basil, olives, and feta cheese in a large bowl.
Fill chilled salad bowls halfway with lettuce. Top with pasta mixture and dress with the dressing. Add pine nuts and serve immediately. Makes 8 servings