- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (or chili sesame oil)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl. Add chicken breasts and marinate, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes. Flip breasts over halfway through the marinading time.
When marinating is done, place chicken in a baking dish (discard marinade). Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken reads 160 degrees in the thickest part. Immediately place on a plate and rest for 5 minutes before serving with stir-fried vegetables and rice. Save leftovers (or make extra) for Asian-style chicken salad (coming Wednesday) and/or Sesame Chicken Salad Sandwiches (on Friday).