Friday, July 20, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie

Courtesy of: SM Mall of Asia Official Facebook page

During my pregnancies, I loved going to Jamba Juice right after my doctor's visit. I craved the creamy smoothies: Chocolate Moo'd and Peanut Butter Moo'd. So I was tickled to find this recipe in the Fresh Blends Recipe Book that came with our Blendtec. Not that I'm adding to the family or anything, they are just yummy. A nice alternative to a fattening bowl of ice cream, if you will. At least, that's what I tell myself because I add spinach.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
modified from Fresh Blends Recipe Book
1/2  cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon sweetener
1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 banana
4 oz frozen yogurt cubes (vanilla or plain w/ 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
veggie boost: 3/4 cup spinach
                    1 tablespoon sweetener, if needed
1/2 - 1 cup ice

Blend and enjoy.

No comments: