Thursday, August 18, 2011

Zucchini Fries


After posting on Facebook about my obsession with zucchini recipes, a friend suggested Zucchini Fries. On the hunt I went, until I found this one at So Tasty, So Yummy I love panko bread crumbs. It makes things so crispy. For the 3 allergics, I had to leave out the panko and use just regular bread crumbs which I seasoned. Both were so tasty with the Teriyaki Burgers we had for dinner. 


When I do this again, I'm considering leaving out the flour. It didn't seem to do anything for the dish but make a gloopy mess. I'll follow the dipping method of the Zucchini Parm. 
With PANKO bread crumbs
Zucchini Fries

¼ cup whole wheat flour
2 egg
2 tablespoons water
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Salt
Pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
dash cayenne pepper
2 zucchini, cut into 5” strips


Preheat oven to 425 and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place flour in a large zipper bag. Whisk eggs with 2 tablespoons water and place in a shallow dish. In a shallow dish, mix Panko, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.


 Place zucchini in the bag with the flour and shake until well coated. Dip the zucchini into the egg and then into the Panko, turning to coat well. (pushing the zucchini against the side of the dish  made it flip nicely without adding excess by flipping with a fork). Place breaded zucchini on the greased baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes, until golden brown

With Homemade Bread Crumbs
For the teriyaki burgers, I brushed teriyaki sauce on top of the hamburger patties, pineapple, and purple onions, as they cooked on the grill. 

No comments: