Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Zucchini Lemon Cookies




I found this Betty Crocker recipe over at Mindika Moments. I made some changes to accommodate the the 3 Allergics. I replaced the butter with applesauce and oil.

I don't always bake a whole batch of cookie, so I like to take the dough, scoop them into balls then freeze them. The balls always maintain their shape. This dough is soft and sticky, so it didn't want to hold it's shape very well.  I just have to make sure to scoop them after they have sat in the fridge for a bit. 

The dough does spread, so be sure to leave more space between the cookie as you place them on the cookie sheet. 
3/4 C. soft butter or 1/2 cup apple sauce & 1/4 cup canola oil
1 ½ C. sugar 
2 eggs 
1 C. grated/pureed Zucchini 
1 C. chopped toasted pecans 
2 t. lemon zest 
1 t. salt 2 t. baking soda 
2 ½ C. all purpose flour 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
Lightly oil a cookie sheet, spray with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. 
Combine 
mix until they make a dough. 
Scoop dough onto the prepared cookie sheet in 1 inch balls. 
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand to cool for approximately 15 minutes.

I really need to improve my photos. This looks like any other cookie. 
When cool, drizzle with glaze. (see recipe below) 

GLAZE: 
2 C. powdered sugar 
juice of 1 lemon (1/4 C.) 
1 t. vanilla 

Mix all together. After cookies have cooled, drizzle the glaze on top of each cookie.

No comments: